Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Gift- Sorry, I Couldn't Afford the Whole Girl


My ex-husband and I have very different views on interior design. His is uh- well different and mine is tasteful, simple and uncluttered by kitch. His is surfer, hodge-podge and definitely unique.

I do enjoy visiting his home and seeing the latest new item in his collection of collectables and well, when I saw the hula girl in front of Deja New Fine Consignment, I said to myself, he simply must have this for Father's Day, I mean how much could she cost anyway? Yes, she's got real hair but everything else about her is fake except the grass skirt.

Boy, did I learn a lesson. This kind of collectable carries with it a pretty hefty price tag and people are willing to pay it too. How hefty? $1200 dollars (perhaps a little cheaper by mentioning this article and using the code word "hula lula bucks" provided she's still available, (a chic this hot doesn't stay single for long). I mean for that kind of money I could have gotten 'Dad' someone real from Jason Itzler.


I'll be posting different fine consignment items on my site with code words for dollars off once a week that can be purchased from Deja New at 2257 Pacfic Coast Highway in Lomita, California.

99% of the items in the store are fine, gently used items that were very expensive to begin with and have either grown in value or retained their value because of their excellent name, popularity and quality.

So if you're looking for the perfect armoire, dining table, fine accessories or unique item such as the one I ended up purchasing for the father of my children. (Yes, I could only afford a leg, not bad for $38.00. ), remember Deja New, it's an exciting store beautifully stuffed with over 9000 feet of unbelievable treasures for almost anyone's taste.

As you can see the lamp also has a light in the fishnet leg. The Shade is double tufted, with black fringe and it looks brand new. It's straight out of " A Christmas Story", a classic Christmas movie from the 80's. Like the wife in the movie, if we were still together I'd parish the thought of it sitting in the living room window. Ah, how nice to be friends and have our own homes to decorate as we please.

Happy Father's Day!

To see items from Deja New that are more LAHIPCHIC check back next Sunday! Or Stop by the store located at 2257 PCH, Lomita Calif. 90717 (Cross Street Narbonne Ave) 310-530-9747






No comments:

Post a Comment

This Comment form is to be used for praise and adoration. If you wish to make a negative comment please click the X in the top far right corner and you'll be directed to the appropriate place. Thank you--The Mgmt